As I look out my front door, on any given day, I'm sure to see a moving truck parked in front of someone's house. This time of year, people are moving in and out faster than I can keep track of. Everytime I see a moving truck, I'm glad it's not me. However, I recently had the revelation that next year that is going to be me! We've lived here two years now, and only have one left. When we first got here, three years seemed like a long time. But, as with most things, it went by too quickly and I'm staring my final year in the face. So, aside from making this year really count, we have to make the decision of where we want to go next. I say that loosely, because we do have some input, but only after the list of open billets is released and the more senior doctors have their pick -- we get the leftovers! It'll be interesting to know where we are going and I'll let you all know when we do. But, until then, think of us when you see a moving truck, and I'll try not to feel too sick when I see one.
Friday, June 20, 2008
It's that time of year again . . .
As I look out my front door, on any given day, I'm sure to see a moving truck parked in front of someone's house. This time of year, people are moving in and out faster than I can keep track of. Everytime I see a moving truck, I'm glad it's not me. However, I recently had the revelation that next year that is going to be me! We've lived here two years now, and only have one left. When we first got here, three years seemed like a long time. But, as with most things, it went by too quickly and I'm staring my final year in the face. So, aside from making this year really count, we have to make the decision of where we want to go next. I say that loosely, because we do have some input, but only after the list of open billets is released and the more senior doctors have their pick -- we get the leftovers! It'll be interesting to know where we are going and I'll let you all know when we do. But, until then, think of us when you see a moving truck, and I'll try not to feel too sick when I see one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
have Patrick start collecting secrets about other doctors so you can start blackmailing others to avoid Guam!!!
That did go by really fast!! I don't envy you. I hate moving!!! It might be us the year after that though. Hey if there is an opening in Erie, PA I hear it is really nice there. :)
I hate moving too. It's so nice to be unpacked and settled and know we have 5 years (but as I say that five years seems like forever). I agree with Julie - Erie is a great place.
Post a Comment