Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fall is in the air . . .

Well, not really. The temperature is still hovering around 100 degrees, but it's back to the traditional fall activities. Today was Abby and Erin's first day of preschool! It's strange to think they are old enough, but here we are. Things went relatively smoothly. Although, we really had to talk it up for Erin. She wasn't sure what to expect, and when we went to the open house a few weeks ago she didn't really want to have anything to do with it. Well, D-day finally arrived and surprisingly enough Erin was really excited. That is, until we got to school. Once we pulled in, she hid her eyes and started to cry. Abby, on the other hand, has been excited since the beginning and couldn't wait to into the classroom. Once inside, she ran right up and joined the other kids on the carpet for story time. Erin, stayed with me until I finally talked her into sitting on the cushions for story time. She was really apprehensive, until Abby showed her the Kitchen playset. After that they forgot all about me, and I snuck out. I half expected to get a call that she broke down after that and I needed to come get her, but I didn't. When I came to get them, they were so excited to tell me about their day and how much they liked preschool. I was really relieved to hear that because I really enjoyed my three hours of free time. So, here they are on their first day of preschool!

1 comment:

dancing_lemur said...

I can't BELIEVE they are old enough for preschool!!!