Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Yosemite


Since Yosemite is only about 2 hours away we decided to spend the day up there, a couple of weekends ago. There may not be a lot in the town we live in, but there are a lot of things just a short, or long, drive away. I guess we are pretty centrally located. Yosemite was really nice. It is such a beautiful park. We didn't really do any hiking, but we enjoyed a picnic on the Valley floor and we made our way up to glacier point to look out on the park. It great, a little chilly, but great. I really want to go back in the spring, when the waterfalls are "working." I have to laugh when I say that because that's what we told the girls. The waterfalls are really dependant on the snowfall and runoff, so you can imagine that it's pretty low by the time you've gone through the hot summer. Here are a few pictures to enjoy.




Half Dome. Maybe someday we'll get to hike it!

No comments: