Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Love being Married to a Doctor

There haven't been many times during Patrick's Med School Days and Residency that I've thought, "I love being married to a doctor!" But, today I had one of those moments. Erin and Abby have both had colds over the last few days, but while Abby got better Erin just didn't seem to be. Today was the worst day by far. She was crying and whining all day, and nothing seemed to make her happy. Erin is a little dramatic sometimes, but as the day wore on I was starting to wonder what was going on with her. Of course, by the time I finally had the "aha" moment (which was really Erin pulling on her ear saying "it hurt" while rolling around on the couch) it was 5:00 p.m. Thankfully, Patrick was on Call and already at the hopital so he had me bring the girls in, and you guessed it - Ear Infection! (In all fairness this is the first ear infection either of my girls have had, so next time I'll be able to read the signs better.) I got the ear drops, antibiotics and motrin, and an hour later she was like a new person. She even did her "I'm excited" dance. (Which, I've tried to catch on video but haven't got it yet-- we'll keep trying.) The best thing about all of this is I didn't have to wait until the next day, I didn't have to make an appointment and didn't have to wait to be seen. It was great! I guess there are some benefits of having a husband as a doctor.


Erin before the medicine. Erin after the medicine.


Abby, eating dinner all alone!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

We haven't been able to put Todd's whole Dr. thing to use yet. I'm sure the day will some soon. I'm so excited you have a blog!! I'm actually glad I secummed to the pressure as well. It's a great journal and much faster than the whole scrapbook thing! I can;t believe how big your girls are. They are adroable. And where did Erin get that curly hair?! We will be here when you are in town, and I'll still be on maternity leave so anytime will work. Let me know when you're here!

Emma and Dan said...

The girls look so big! They are so individual and cute. You look great. I'm excited to see what you guys are up to over there on the West Coast - and jealous of the weather. :)

Julie said...

Wow, it is so great to know that some day it will all be worth it!!!David already thinks he is ready to treat his family (after only one year ha ha ha). He is always trying to diagnose me or the kids and uses all kinds of big medical terms. I try not to laugh out loud at him because that would just hurt his feelings!

Nick and Deanne said...

I love the before and after picture. That is hilarious. It's good to know that an eternity of schooling comes in handy. :)