Taking small children to church is always an adventure, and you're never quite sure what they will do. Two week's ago we had a stake conference, which is different from our regular church meetings. One big difference being there are no children's meetings that day. As we left for church we told the girls where we were going and that it would be different today. As they asked us questions about what all this meant, they found out they wouldn't be having nursery. This didn't go over well, but as we sat down and the meeting started everything was going fine. About 20 minutes in, Erin looks at me and says "Mommy, I'm going to throw up!" Not wanting to take the risk and give it the old "wait and see," I rushed her to the bathroom. It's this next part that made me laugh. Erin lean's over and starts spitting in the toilet, she then look's at me and says "See, I'm sick. I need to go home." Trying not to laugh, I ask her if she is really sick or if she just wants to go home, which she reply's "I just want to go home." Just 3 years old and already trying to get out of church! I'm not sure where she came up with the idea, but it was pretty clever!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Angel ?
Taking small children to church is always an adventure, and you're never quite sure what they will do. Two week's ago we had a stake conference, which is different from our regular church meetings. One big difference being there are no children's meetings that day. As we left for church we told the girls where we were going and that it would be different today. As they asked us questions about what all this meant, they found out they wouldn't be having nursery. This didn't go over well, but as we sat down and the meeting started everything was going fine. About 20 minutes in, Erin looks at me and says "Mommy, I'm going to throw up!" Not wanting to take the risk and give it the old "wait and see," I rushed her to the bathroom. It's this next part that made me laugh. Erin lean's over and starts spitting in the toilet, she then look's at me and says "See, I'm sick. I need to go home." Trying not to laugh, I ask her if she is really sick or if she just wants to go home, which she reply's "I just want to go home." Just 3 years old and already trying to get out of church! I'm not sure where she came up with the idea, but it was pretty clever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is hilarious!!!! You know... kids learn from their parents. J/K :) And to Erin, I feel the same way sometimes! :)
That is hysterical! Smart girl. Good luck with the move!
Oh dear... She is starting young. By the time she is 16, her schemes will be much better rehearsed! I am proud of her though. At least she didn't scream "CHURCH... MAKES... ME ... SICK!!!!!!" and run away.
Post a Comment