Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Big Move

I don't think anyone is ever ready for a move like this. You just make the decision and move forward with the momentum you created. If you thought about it for too long, it would probably make you too tired to even start.

But we did make the decision and followed that momentum, and after a prolonged pack-out, a fun trip to Utah to visit our families and a long flight to Virginia we were ready for the big move. I can't believe how much "stuff" we had, and yes we had to move this stuff from shuttles, airports and hotel rooms from California to Spain. I'm not quite sure how we moved it all, but at least I can look at this picture and laugh about it now. How did the pioneers do it with the little they could bring! Maybe I'll take a page out of their book on the way back and realize that less is more sanity.

1 comment:

Wee Catie said...

Love your blog Annie! Keep it up.
ps I like your addendum to my favorite saying "Less is More"