
For some reason that old Willie Nelson song popped into my head when we got the news of our next "Duty Station" (as the Military calls it.) I know good old Willie couldn't "wait to get on the road again," but I think I can. Fortunately we have a few months to drink in San Diego before we hit the road in July and settle in Lemoore, California. (For those who don't know where it is, it's about 35 to 40 miles east of Fresno.)
It's strange to think that Patrick will finally be done with his medical education and can start practicing. (That is if he decides not to do a fellowship, but that's a whole other story.) But he'll finally be a Pediatric attending at the Naval Hospital in Naval Air Station Lemoore. The good thing about this move is that we'll still be close to our families, but (there's always a 'but') it's a really small town and I know nothing about this place. Add to that the look I get when I tell other people where we are going and it leaves me a little unsettled. To help me get over this I've done some research on Lemoore (hence, the picture) and have discovered that we will be fairly close to Yosemite, Sequoia, and San Francisco so it will be nice to visit some places in the northern half of California for a change. So, here's to hitting the road, again.
1 comment:
Lemoore huh? Never heard of it. But how awesome that Patrick will be done with school and residency. I don't think that day will ever come for us... Congrats to your family! Can't wait to hear all about Lemoore!
Post a Comment