Now, before I begin, I know there are those of you who read this that have real winters. I do remember those times, but like I've said before, I'll take a Southern California winter any time. With that being said, we do have "winter" here, it's just a little different. We've been having some "winter" weather here lately and that pretty much means I've been hanging around the house. Rain and temperatures in the mid-fifties are enough for me to call it a day. (Don't laugh too hard, I know I'm a wimp and that my days in SoCal are numbered!) Anyway, we've had to think of things to do besides our usual playing, coloring, making messes etc. since we don't go outside. Thinking of new things to do hasn't been too hard, now that my little girls are becoming girlie-girls. We've painted toe-nails, braided hair and danced to some of my old CD's. It's been fun, but it's been a wake-up call that Abby and Erin aren't babies anymore. They are little girls! It's actually two weeks before their birthday, and to hit that point home Abby told me that she wasn't a baby any more, but that she was a little girl. It's sad in one way, but it marks the beginning of a new phase, and from what I can tell so far, I think it'll be a good one.
5 comments:
That's too cute! That's a good reminder to enjoy the little things, at each phase. Can't wait to see you guys!
P.S. You are a wimp!!!! ;) Fifty degrees is picnic time!! Your blood must have thinned out. You used to be more hardy. :)
Isn't it crazy how when they are little we want them to grow up, but when they actually do, it breaks your heart. I can't wait in many ways to start painting nails with Addie but I love the stage she is at too! They are adorable!
Ryan's at the movies and I'm blogging. We have also liked going to snow and coming back to warmth. Next time it rains, I'll have to join to get my girlie time in.
How fun! I wish we were having SoCal winters right now. It's getting sunnier, but I'm definitely getting some Spring fever!
Post a Comment