To finish off our decorating we of course had to carve pumpkins. Erin was a little braver than Abby and actually stuck her hand inside the "guts" of the pumpkin. But, I can't say that I don't blame Abby, that was always my least favorite part of pumpkin carving. When it came to carving, they were both very thoughtful about what they wanted their pumpkins to look like. Abby told me she wanted a happy pumpkin. Erin, on the other hand, got a little smirk and said she wanted to have a naughty pumpkin. Patrick and I both got a laugh from that one. I hope it's not too telling about their personalities.
Checking out the"guts."
I'm pretty sure this is when the idea for the naughty pumpkin took root.
Looking over the finished product.
After the pumpkin carving they wanted to go trick-or-treating right away. Needless to say after that the days dragged on for the girls until it was finally Halloween. They were so excited to go trick-or-treating and I thought for sure they would be content once we went to a few houses and their buckets had a few pieces of candy. But, they got caught up in the Halloween fever and were willing to walk all around the neighborhood for candy. In fact, whenever I suggested they had enough and we should go home they said, "No mama, we want more candy!" So now we have two buckets full of candy, but two happy little girls. I guess their old mom is a push over.
The Candy Bandits!
1 comment:
How fun! The girls look adorable.
Post a Comment